How to Upgrade Windows 7 OS to Windows 10 OS?
A Step-by-step Guide
Follow this step-by-step guide to upgrade your current Microsoft Windows 7 to Microsoft Windows 10. Please refer to this guide ONLY if you are conducting a compatible upgrade as following:
Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade
In this process, users will be able to update from Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic, and Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. while maintaining their existing Windows OS personal files, applications and settings without the loss of any data or settings.
By following the given steps carefully, you can easily upgrade your OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10->
Please run Windows Update first before install the upgrade.
- Connect to the Internet (Ensure that you are having a fast connection)
- Press Start → All Programs.
- When the program list shows, find “Windows Update” and click to execute.
- Click “Check for updates” to download the necessary updates (you’ll need a fast internet connection to do this).
- It will show-> Windows Update is checking updates…
- Install the updates for your system.
- Some of the updates will require you to restart the computer. Please follow the given instructions and re-start your computer accordingly.
- Repeat step (ii-vi) to obtain all essential updates until you’ve obtained all the essential updates.
Installing Windows 10
The “Upgrade” option only works by Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade plan. Please confirm the Microsoft Windows 7 version that you are using currently. If you are not sure, you can check your version by clicking “Start → Control → Panel → System” in order to see your current Microsoft Windows system. Apart from it, you will also need a DVD reading device in your Computer System.
- Insert the Windows 10 Installation Disc in your DVD reading device. Sit tight for the AutoPlay windows to pop up on the screen. Click on “Run setup.exe” to proceed.
- You should obtain this installation disc though Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade Program or by purchasing of the retail box package directly.
- Windows 10 Installation will be readied
- Before the installation, a dialog box will appear where Windows will ask you to type in the product Key. You should find your product key in your disc package which you have bought. (If not, please contact your disc providers.)
- Click on the “I accept the license terms” to continue.
- Choose what kind of upgrade you want. After you’ve made your choice, click “Next”. Please plug in your AC adaptor to proceed.
- Please DO NOT take out the disc from DVD player before the installation is completed.
- Windows will check if your system is ready to upgrade.
- Windows will tell if any of the Microsoft program isn’t yet compatible with Windows 10.
- Uninstall the program and follow instruction by Windows 10 setup.
Complete the Windows 10 Installation
- According the upgrade type you choose at step vi, windows may (not) direct you to personalize setup.
- Once the Windows 10 desktop shows, your upgrade is complete.
Welcome to Windows 10!